I'm rebooting this training log. It's been so long since I trained the way I used to, and many of my goals have evolved. Right now I'm in Afghanistan and doing a lot of PT. My strength is relatively low, and my metcon numbers are pathetic. My endurance has always been pretty terrible. Army basic training and another 8 months at a line platoon pretty much destroyed my fitness. Months and months of days which are physically and mentally demanding but offer zero progression or overload will do that to you. Now I have an opportunity to get back to beastmode. I have another 6 months before I redeploy to get as fit as humanly possible. Looking at selection in mid 2014. My normal training day looks like this-ish:
weightlifting (usually outlaw and/or some additional on-the-minute or complex barbell work)
hard-short-heavy crossfit session (outlaw programming mostly)
easy running/rucking (building to 60/90 minutes steady, and 50-85lbs in the ruck)
muscular endurance progression (SOFWOD caldev or similar)
hard-long-lighter crossfit session (SOFWOD or similar)
which may include some harder running which I will include
It may include some long running or rucking which I will not include.
My goal training hours per day is about 3-4. Once I have achieved an endurance base here in a couple of months I will add speed work there and probably cut back on intensity for the 2nd CF workout of the day.
No comments:
Post a Comment